| Work in Progress|
This page (Crusader) is under construction, please excuse the edits in the meantime. Feel free to add additional content to the page including pictures and templates, the final page may differ from the current page to a large extent.
This article (Crusader), or a section of this article, is community contribution to the mod and is not canon. It's not until the project team has considered it so.
It may or may not be part of the related mod, in either the game or the lore. Please refer to the talk page for further discussion.
|Crusaders in game|
|Faction||United States of America|
|Built From||War Factory|
|Hitpoints||480 (+100 upgrade)|
|Weapons||105mm Tank Cannon|
|Dev. Status||Original Generals Unit, Balanced|
The Crusader Tank is the USA main battle tank in operation during the war against the GLA.
|“|| USA tank division!|
- Crusader Tank
The Crusader Tank is the one of the most feared ground attack units and is the main stay of the U.S. ground force. The unit sports a 105mm cannon that can fire at enemy units in any direction while on the move. This highly sophisticated tank also carries a titanium cockpit that allows the Pilot to eject if the Crusader is destroyed.
- "Yesterday, the DoD has issued a press release stating the cancellation of the M1A6 Abrams modernization project due to increasing fuel prices caused by terrorist activity all over the Middle East and other oil producing countries. In a move called by many military leaders and men currently in uniform as "Worst mistake of our lifetime", the DoD has also planned to mothball all current M1A5 Abrams tanks in favor of the smaller, less armored but more fuel efficient Crusader tank, a join venture between the German Army and the US Army.
- The Crusader tank is mounted with a smaller cannon than the M1 series and carries no anti-personnel weaponry in a bid to prove that the new combat drones will replace the need for anti-personnel weaponry in military armored vehicles, especially MBTs. Also, manufacturer BAE have stated that the tank's minimum crew has been reduced to one to limit casualties, the DoD says that this approach provides our sources with a "unprecedented advantage" with the reduction of crew training and upkeep compared to the M1 series tanks. Critics have so far called this move an "endangerment to our country's military personal". BAE spokesmen refused to comment on the tank's crew survivability other than that "We try our best to limit casualties."
- So far, the new Crusader tank has received largely negative reviews from testers. Testers from the US Army declared that the tank is "unable to damage enemy targets at long distances", "a coffin with wheels" and "has armor made from cardboard". In addition to this, a unconfirmed source has revealed that due to funding issues, the Crusader tank will not have DU armor nor composite armor until proper funding can be located individually for all branches of the US Military.
- A German colonel who was part of the development of the new tank was shocked at the approach that the US Army is going with the new Crusader tank. He said that, "It was never our intention to use the new tank as a replacement for our heavier Leopards like what your country plans to do to replace the Abrams. Our goal was to find a tank light enough but with enough firepower to operate in wetlands and within the country to prevent the cracking of roads. This is madness, removing the world's premier, battle tested tank with the highest crew survivability for a high-tech Sherman/M60 Patton hybrid that somehow uses a pilot training program to train tank crews."
- The M3 Crusader tank, is armed with a 105mm M68A1 rifled tank gun only, the elaborate and complex electronics of the tank allows the tank to fire up to 18 rounds per minute, although the faster firing speed doesn't allow it to compensate for the smaller rounds. Technically, the tank is able to fire APFSDS, HE, HEAT, HESH and dummy rounds, although only custom built APFSDS rounds are issued in practices. The tank is capable of upgrading to the M3A1 variant, which gives the tank a composite armor upgrade enhancing the tank's armor. Both variants of the M3 tank are capable of controlling the "UAV AC package", which installs either the MQB-147B 'Dragon Fire' Hellfire Drone, MQ-186 'Cypher' Combat and Repair Drone or the RQ-15 'Tiny' Reconnaissance Drone. Although the M3 Crusader is a joint venture from all branches of the military, the United States Airforce and Marines have not ordered any tanks and the United States Army has stated that a "new tank" is in the development phase already.
- A short article in 'Strategia', a American magazine about current warfare and related technology
- The director and author of the article 'Strategia' stand by the facts given by the article. It is a common misconception that the Crusader would be mounted with a 125mm smoothbore cannon, but the idea was later rejected in favor of using a 105mm cannon due to the large amount of surplus tank rounds left for the 105mm cannon and lower maintenance costs. "The crew number given in the article is correct. BAE systems has confirmed that the electronics onboard include an autoloader, a fire control system and a guidance package that is similar to those used in the F-16 fighter, reducing the needed crew to one."
- Response from 'Strategia', a American magazine about current warfare and related technology regarding a article recently published about the M3 Crusader
- "Due to mounting criticism concerning the lower survivability of the M3 Crusader, BAE systems have declassified the tank operator compartment, listed as the GLAES (Ground Level Armored Ejection Seat). The system is capable of ejecting the tank operator up to 6 meters above the ground in a titanium alloy 'bubble' at command or when the electronic systems have detected that the tank is no longer mobile or destroyed, this ensures that the operator is protected from being injured by the tank explosion or shell fragments, but the protective 'bubble' is destroyed it falls back to the ground, putting the operator or 'pilot' at risk from enemy actions.
- Testers have confirmed that this system does exist and so far has no failed once. However, the system and the blast that is used to propel the GLAES off the ground completely destroys the tank, rendering it unsalvageable and subjects the operator to extreme force and potentially toxic gases as it lands by onto the tank's debris. This disadvantage is currently being the interim solution of the operator wearing a Air Force pilot G-suit and oxygen mask, which gives the M3 Tank Operator a look that is similar to that of a pilot.
- It is unclear whether or not the G-suit and oxygen mask is compatible with the Air Force's aircrafts, our military analysts have suggested that this possibility is "highly likely" and will probably be compatible with other ground vehicles as the US Army undergoes a new modernization project due to the fact that large amounts of the GLAES modules have been ordered from BAE systems (more than enough to outfit the current amount of M3 Crusaders deployed) and a unconfirmed source indicating that M3 Crusader pilot training program is identical to that of the Air Force pilot aircraft simulation program."
- A news article concerning the M3 Crusader intended to be on a newspaper that has tendencies to side with Democrats. It was never published for political reasons
- See Also: Pilot
NProject Mod Changes
Every manned USA ground vehicle can build one of these three drones:
|Battle Drone||Scout Drone||Hellfire Drone|
|Area of Effect||Self||Cooldown Time||Passive ability, only when destroyed|
|Hotkey -||Requires||Unit's promotion||Cost||0|
|Description||This unit will create a Pilot when destroyed if the unit have at least Veteran promotion.|
|Primary Damage||60||Attack Range||150||Ammunition||Infinite|
|Primary Radius||5||Scatter Radius||0 (10 vs infantry)||Reload Time||-|
|Secondary Damage||-||Preattack Delay||None||Shoot Delay||2000 ms|
|Target Types||Ground targets|
|Movement Speed||32 (25)||dist/s|
|Turn Rate||180 (180)||degree/s|
|Researched From||Strategy Center|
|Effects||Installs all USA tanks with composite armor platings. Increases all USA tanks healthpoint.|
|Researched From||Strategy Center|
|Effects||USA units will undergo extensive training. Doubles up all USA units experience gain rate.|
- Articles are made by the talented writer Strategia at Fallout Studios.
United States of America
|Infantry||Ranger • Missile Defender • Pathfinder • Mortar • Colonel Burton • Pilot|
|Vehicles||Construction Dozer • Crusader • Humvee • Ambulance • Sentry Drone • Paladin • Avenger • Microwave Tank • Tomahawk Launcher|
|Aircraft||Chinook • Battle Drone • Scout Drone • Hellfire Drone • Raptor • Comanche • Nighthawk • Aurora Bomber • Cargo Plane • Spy Drone • A-10 Thunderbolt • Spectre Gunship|
|Structures||Command Center • Cold Fusion Reactor • Barracks • Supply Center • Patriot Missile • Firebase • War Factory • Airfield • Strategy Center • Supply Drop Zone • Particle Cannon|
|Campaign Only||Biohazard Tech • CIA Agent • POW Truck • Battleship • Aircraft Carrier • Amphibious Transport • Detention Camp • (WIP)|
Specific Generals Changes
Air Force General
Crusader not available for Air Force General.
- Main Article: Laser Crusader
Crusader not available for Superweapon General.